Car Licences

Graduate School of Motoring can offer lessons in various formats to suit our students’ needs and skills. Our instructors are all fully qualified and licensed driving instructors and have years of experience behind them on the roads.

We teach school-aged people, but also lots of individuals in their 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s who have only recently developed the need or urge to drive.

Whether you’re from regional areas - like the Burdekin, Charters Towers or Ingham - or live in the centre of Townsville, Graduate School of Motoring will help develop your confidence, driving and perception skills behind the wheel.

We don’t agree with just getting you to a level to pass your test; we want to teach you the skills that may save your life on the road.

For instance, our instructors may ask you to take them to Woolworths in Vincent to do your ‘weekly shop’ – how you get there is entirely up to you, but these are the on-the-spot practical decisions you will need to make by yourself once you have your driver’s licence.

Through Graduate’s unique approach and desire to stay up-to-date with new driving education techniques, we make lessons relevant, useful and fun.


Driving Test Packages

Clients will receive a pre-test lesson followed by a practical driving test which we book on your behalf. Please contact us to book.

Gift vouchers can be purchased online or contact us for details. 

Payment Plans

Did you know we also offer payment plans from $30 a week!
Click here to apply or find out more > 


Q: Do you offer support for completing logbooks?
A: Yes, we have a logbook progress sheet available to all on their request.

Q: Do I need to complete all 100 hours of driving experience to get my licence?
A: Yes, but currently Queensland Transport will grant three hours of logbook time for each hour with an accredited instructor up to 10 hours; making up 30 hours in the logbook.

Q: Do I need to complete the hazard perception test?
A: Yes, All Queensland learner licence holders must have this test completed before booking their practical driving test.

Q: When can I complete the hazard perception test?
A: You must have held your learner licence for at least 6 months before you can take the hazard perception test. 

Q: What if I don’t like my instructor?
A: We have chosen our instructors not just for their driving skills, but also for their people skills. But if there is a personality clash students can easily swap qualified trainers.

Q: Why should I have lessons with a driving instructor and not just my parents/someone with an existing licence?
A: While it’s invaluable to get as much driving time on the road as possible with the help of either a parent or someone who has held their open licence for at least one year (for the vehicle class they are teaching); having lessons with a professional will ensure you are up-to-date with any changes in road rules; plus an instructor is exceptionally experienced on the road and is used to teaching people (a skill that may not come naturally to some). Then there is the important added safety of a dual-controlled car that’s kept in top condition.

If you have anymore questions or would like to book a lesson, please contact us.

Back to Top